Friday, January 22, 2010

fun-hrm

Looking for a good laugh? Read funny office stories at OfficeRave.com. Below are a few stories featured on our site. . . if you think you have a good one, submit it!

Funny Story #1
One time my department had an emergency meeting offsite. All were invited to the meeting except me and another co-worker. While my department was having an offsite meeting, the CFO and HR director had a private meeting with me and the other co-worker. As it turned out we were being laid off and they didn’t want the other co-workers there while we packed our things to leave. UGH.

Funny Story #2
One time my pen exploded on my blouse 5 minutes before I had a meeting with a vendor. I had no back up for clothes so I decided to put on a lab coat to cover the stains. My vendor, who was dressed in an expensive suit, stared at me the entire time wondering why I had on a $5 lab coat. Now I know to have a backup of clothes. UGH.

Funny Story #3
One time my co-worker was feeling warm so I decided to get a fan from the closet for her. She said thanks but I think this space heater will make things worse. UGH.

Funny Story #4
One time I received one of those “forward this” texts from a friend that asks “how much do you love me? Send this back if u do…..” I thought I forwarded the message to my cousin… but my cousin and my boss have the same first name. I sent a text message to my boss asking him how much he loved me. UGH.

Funny Story #5
One time I drove down to where a job interview was on a Saturday just to familiarize myself with the area and how to get there. The Monday of my interview, I made a wrong turn and still got lost. I was 15 minutes late for my interview. UGH.



Funny Story #6
One time while I was filling out a job application at a travel agency, a group of women returning from lunch passed by me talking among themselves about how much they hated working for the company while I was filling out an open ended question, “why do you want to work for this company?” UGH.

Funny Story #7
One time I was peeing in the bathroom and the person in the stall next to me let go three big farts in a row. I couldn’t help it and chuckled a little. While I was washing my hands, the lady who farted came out of the stall. It turned out to be my manager. UGH.

Funny Story #8
One time I was passed up for a promotion by someone six years younger than me. UGH.

Funny Story #9
One time I saw my manager was coming towards me while I had Youtube.com and Facebook.com open. I was trying to close the screen but my computer froze. My manager made a dumb comment, “Oh I see you are hard at work, I’ll leave you alone”. UGH.

Funny Story #10
One time I stumbled upon a list of employees of which I was one of them. It turns out it was list of employees about to be fired. UGH.

Funny Story #11
One time I was organizing the CEO’S office (I’m his assistant) while he was out to lunch. I noticed he had a window open to Careerbuilder.com. He was posting his resume on the job board. UGH.

Funny Story #12
One time I was fired one week before my quarterly bonus. UGH.

Funny Story #13
One time I woke up late for an interview. I rushed to put my suit on and drove as fast as I could. When I introduced myself to the interviewer, she looked at my suit weird. I went to the bathroom after the interview and noticed that I buttoned my suit wrong. UGH.



Funny Story #14
One time a huge customer cut back on their orders. The next month my company made a huge cut on their workers. Ten people got laid off including me. UGH.

Funny Story #15
One time my company decided to order company shirts. The HR lady asked me what size I wanted and I said M. The lady asked if I was sure I didn’t want a L or XL. UGH.

Funny Story #16
One time I brought my child to work. I was holding his hand while I talked to another coworker so he wouldn’t go anywhere but I didn’t realize he was picking his nose with the other hand and wiping his snot on the side of my co-workers desk. UGH.

Funny Story #17
One time I put my Quizno’s sandwich inside the lunchroom fridge. When I went to grab it for lunch I realized someone stole it. UGH.

Funny Story #18
One time I asked my boss at a shady company for a raise. He said we can give you $1k under the table. Make up a few receipts. UGH.

Funny Story #19
One time I was planning a trip to Boston and was waiting to see if my boss would allow me to take a week off. Two days later, it turns out I could visit Boston indefinitely if I wanted because I was laid off! Now, I wouldn’t have the money to go though. UGH.

Funny Story #20
One time I was in a company meeting where a power point presentation was being shown. One slide was the new company organization chart. I saw my name and under the title was marketing assistant. Five months ago I was hired as a marketing associate. Was I demoted? UGH.
For more stories, visit OfficeRave.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment